Senior Accounting Analyst 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is an opportunity that will challenge a top accounting / finance professional to accelerate their technical, personal and supervisory capacities. This opportunity is with one of Boston's most recognized employers seeking to expand their corporate accounting team with the addition of an articulate Senior Accountant. The professional we seek will be a strong team player, have outstanding organization skills and offer a demonstrated depth of GAAP knowledge.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Participation in month, quarter and year-end close;
* Preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and variance analyses;
* Financial statements preparation and production of management reports;
* Support preparation of SEC reporting;
* Expected to identify and propose changes in procedures and or utilization of automation to enhance process efficiencies and ensure GAAP compliance;
* Prepare MTD/YTD budget reviews with analysis of variances to planned and new forecasts based on trends.
* BS Accounting or Finance;
* 2 to 4years of professional accounting experience;
* Strong knowledge of GAAP principles
* Strong to advanced Excel is important with additional competency with MS Office suite;
* Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up essential;
* Solid written and verbal communication skills required;
* Knowledge of Access and Oracle financials desirable;
* Must have the capacity and interest to advance your technical and team leadership skills.