Senior Accounting Analyst 9/6/2016
West Hartford, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _VISION:_ Last person in this role was promoted and company doesn't have a replacement. Revenues and profits are at an all-time high. Business forecasts are very optimistic. Six Sigma is practiced. Promotions due to expansion and growth are prevalent. CEO is investing into product development. Controller's team mentors and loves to train talent! WILL MENTOR AND GROOM PROFESSIONALS WITH 3+YEARS OF AUDIT/ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE.
_OPPORTUNITY_: Serve as right hand person to the Assistant Controller and support month end close, US GAAP financial reporting, account analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet and P
* Partnering with SOX team with financial policies and procedures;
* Participate on reengineering of daily accounting workflows thru automation and standardization;
* Review of internal financial statements submitted by all worldwide divisions for accuracy, compliance with company policies, and compliance with GAAP;
* Performing and/or review various financial analyses including analysis of intercompany accounting;
* Review the impact of changes in foreign currency translation rates on balance sheet and income statement accounts;
* Performing various special projects for management including troubleshooting accounting issues, testing, deep dive analysis in SBU accounts, review corporation allocations to operating divisions, financial analysis of operational financial packages and working with operations to help resolve identified issues;
* Work with SAP ERP system and HFM system.
_REQUIREMENTS_: BS Accounting, CPA desired or parts passed with 3+ years of related experience with a mix of Big 4/national/regional public accounting experience and/or Fortune 1000 global public manufacturing company. Strong grasp of internal controls and US GAAP rules. Strong organizational and communications skills along with the ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Knowledge of SAP, BPC, JDE, Oracle, Hyperion, or Cognos desired. Ideal is a Staff/Senior straight out of a national firm or public company. READY TO HIRE!!!
_REWARD_: $65,000 to $80,000 DOE plus discretionary cash awards. Excellent benefits, 401K, tuition assistance and other incentives.