Senior Accounting Assistant, AP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Matches purchase orders with invoices and processes invoices for payment within the system. (This includes, but is not limited to, transactions pertaining to utilities, service providers, legal bills, freight bills, donations, taxes, etc.)
* Handles vendor calls and resolves discrepancies in a professional manner.
* Balances the daily invoice entry reports to the open A/P sub-ledger, and the open A/P sub-ledger to the General Ledger at period-end for the subsidiaries.
* Prepares journal entries and runs system reports. Assists with the preparation of spreadsheets to support A/Ps month-end and year-end closing procedures.
* Prepares weekly checks for mailing, which includes checking for the matching invoices, missed discounts, correct addresses, correct check amount, and proper signatures, etc.
* Prepare written correspondence, such as memos to vendors, internal customers, letters to outside businesses or government agencies, etc.
* Prepare written analysis of vendor activities that details spend and number of invoices processed.
* Filing invoices as assigned on A/P Schedules.
* Pulling, copying and scanning invoices for Audit selections or other Mylan departments as needed.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Associates or BS Accounting/Business (Preferred). However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess knowledge of Knowledge of basic accounting principles and terminology. Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy, and possess good organizational, interpersonal, analysis and multi-tasking skills. Ability to handle very confidential information and interact professionally with all levels of management. Ability to work with various computing and technology equipment.
* Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence. Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to compute analytical data for vendor spend and quantity of invoices processed.
* Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
WHY MYLAN? If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2016, 1:08:47 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.