Senior Accounting Assistant, Transactional A/R
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Ensure all assigned duties are performed within the guidelines of Mylans internal controls, policies, and procedures.
* Develop a solid understanding of customer policies and procedures relating to invoice payment, shipment discrepancies, outdated product returns and general accounts receivable/payables items.
* Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with customer contacts, Customer Service, Pricing & Contracts, Distribution Center and National Account Managers to provide a team approach to customer issue resolution.
* Present customer account status to various key internal and external stakeholders.
* Collect past due invoices, resolve unmatched customer deductions, process credit memos and reconcile unapplied cash in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Responsible for the timely completion of month-end closing procedures for the accounts receivable sub-ledger and assigned monthly reconciliations and journal entries.
* Responsible for the accurate posting of customer remittances to the customers accounts.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a High School Diploma with 2 years of experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess extensive knowledge in job aspects and limited knowledge of other functional areas within the department. Must possess a working knowledge of a computer accounting environment.
* Must possess effective oral and written communication skills for internal and external customers. Ability to meet deadlines with moderate supervision, interpret customer contracts, maintain attention to detail, and work as a team member. Ability to manipulate and summarize large amounts of data in an organized manner to isolate essential facts. Must be proficient with Microsoft products. Experience with SAP preferred.
* Position functions semi-autonomously. General supervision and instructions given for routine work with detailed instructions provided for new activities.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence. Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts. Ability to present to a group of departments.
* Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios, and rates.
* Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table. Intermittently sitting, standing, walking or stooping. Periodic travel maybe required.
* May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2016, 12:12:04 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.