Senior Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Senior Accounting Manager
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Senior Accounting Manager for Westmont, IL.
The Senior Accounting Manager will oversee the client accounting, governance and compliance related to our Retail Client accounting services. The position will have a team of five to seven people who report directly to the Manager. The team will consist of both accountants and Finance Managers within their own teams
* Manage the accounting and reporting for a defined CAS Investors portfolio.
* Function as a resource both internally and externally regarding procedures, issues and inquiries.
* Support monitoring compliance with controls, best practices and SOCR (Service Organization Control Report) requirements for the retail client portfolio.
* Help develop and implement changes as required and assist in related annual SOCR audits.
* Manage the accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions for the assigned retail portfolio.
* Manage new client relationships to ensure all start up activities are handled in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
* Oversee the review activities performed by manager reports, and the work performed by accountant direct reports (e.g., workpaper reviews to assess compliance with objectives and adequacy of procedures and documentation performed).
* Conduct ongoing communications with Senior Leadership and business partners via findings, dashboards, KPIs, other reports communicating findings, framing issues and providing recommendations.
* Hire, train, evaluate and develop staff members.
* Directly support client relationships and Retail market leads.
* Work on special projects.
Support the implementation and roll out of the Yardi platform in the following areas:
* Data Validation of converted property data on future waves.
* Train on Advanced Budgeting and Reconciliation modules.
* Support corporate and field personnel in adoption of modules eliminating use of Kardin.
* Microsoft Excel as budget and reconciliation software choices.
* Become proficient in these modules and assist in training new users and conversion of budget and reconciliation data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENC
* A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution, college or university in Accounting is required.
* An M.B.A. or a C.P.A. license and certification is a plus.
* Three to five years of supervisory experience is required.
* A minimum of six to ten years experience in either Accounting or the Real Estate fields is required.
* A background or experience in Estate Accounting is strongly preferred.
* Strong technical knowledge of GAAP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated leadership skills beyond expected management abilities.
* Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
* A highly motivated self-starter who works well independently, but can also develop a strong team culture.
* Ability to read, comprehend and interpret associated legal documents (i.e. contracts, leases).
* Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
* Positive attitude and the ability to quickly respond to co-workers and clients.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed presentation skills.
* A demonstrated knowledge of and technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook) is required.
* Knowledge of and a working experience with Yardi is a plus.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
* Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and levels.
* Comprehends and analyzes various scenarios and implements the best for the team with thought to the organization.
* Has successfully managed and developed a team.
* Demonstrated ability to balance management with work and client service.
* Ability to create new solutions or methods to existing problems which have a significant impact on the team.
* Takes initiative in expanding professional development for themselves and their teams.
* Proactively looks for projects to broaden the scope of current experience.
* Takes on additional responsibilities that benefit the larger team. (e.g. Policy, procedures, liaison to other departments, committee participant).
* Takes on a leadership role in mentoring staff level employees or a new employee that helps them transition to JLL, transition to new roles or readies them for a future role with more responsibility.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42326BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information