Senior Actuarial Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A SENIOR RISK CONSULTANT ACTUARIAL
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Global Risk Consulting business group in Bloomington, MN.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SENIOR RISK CONSULTANT - ACTUARIAL
* Serve as project leader for any size account.
* Have primary project responsibility for actuarial reserve analyses, risk allocation analyses, captive feasibility studies, insurance program pricing studies (including rating plans), and loss forecasting, variability analyses, simulations and cost of risk allocation.
* Sign actuarial letters of opinions.
* Build actuarial models when data is limited.
* Provide peer review to ensure applicable standards of practice are adhered to.
* Maintain effective day to day relationships with Aon team/client contacts.
* Identify and build relationships with Aon Relationship Managers and prospects, securing strategic proposal opportunities for actuarial and related risk management consulting.
* Build relationships with other resources within Aon, thereby promoting interdependency.
* Prepare and present proposals in response to RFPs.
* Models professional behaviors, coaching service team on issues involving professionalism, integrity, quality performance, and personal development.
* Create and/or improves methodology, products, and operational procedures.
* Ensure that the Aon work product is of high quality, adheres to all relevant actuarial standards of practice and is provided in a timely manner.
* Handle various, changing work assignment, flexibly balancing priorities, so as to meet or exceed the expectations of the client (both internal and external).
* Presents various reports to clients, leads the discussion toward proper solutions for clients needs.
* Anticipate client questions and prepare appropriate responses.
* Assist in the overall team effort for the knowledge and best practices to be disseminated throughout the practice.
You bring knowledge and expertise
* BS Degree or equivalent in finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, actuarial science, risk management, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in property & casualty insurance
* Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
* Ability to write custom reports for actuarial projects that clearly communicates finding and methodologies.
* Strong knowledge of PC related tools for actuarial analysis, technology applications and data utilization for actuarial functions.
* Communicates effectively with middle/upper managers. Understands and influences people at various levels.
* Maintains continuing education requirements. Attaining ACAS or FCAS designation.
* Meets requirements to sign actuarial opinion.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2417096
CATEGORY: Consulting Group
LOCATION: United States, MN, Minneapolis