Senior Administrative Assistant Finance / Legal 8/31/2016
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Would you like to join our bold culture and begin a career at one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina*
We are looking for a customer-focused, solutions-oriented team leader who will help us achieve our business objectives through the effective design and application of technology platforms.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the Finance and Legal Departments. The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organization skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Managing a highly active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
* Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
* Processing passport and visa applications
* Works closely and effectively with the departments to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
* Coordinates meetings, appointments, and handles all correspondence, filing, etc.
* Manage meeting room preparation, meals, IT needs and attendee flow on meeting day
* Processing and tracking invoices for both departments
* Coordinating and setting up on-site and off-site investor meetings
* Coordinates information requests and responses
* Provides document management by editing, proof-reading, converting documents, preparing spreadsheets, printing, scanning, sorting, and editing powerpoint presentations
* Manage electronic and paper filing systems
* Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Associates Degree or higher preferred
* 7 to 10 years of experience in an administrative support function
* Strong ownership and proactive problem anticipation and resolution
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient on Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Proficient with Google platform
* Ability to multiplex in a fast moving environment
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Highly organized with acute attention to detail
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels worldwide
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.