Senior Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMinimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Experienced (5+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Provide Administrative Assistance to the Director and Associate General Counsel of Global Employment and Immigration.
Provide Administrative Assistance to the Director and Associate General Counsel of Global Contracts.
Effectively perform an array of administrative tasks which include but are not limited to: managing calendaring, arranging and coordinating domestic and international travel, planning team events or offsite meetings, and completing expense reports.
Create reports, order and stock office supplies, and assist with submitting purchase requisitions and payment of invoices for contractors and law firms.
Track subscriptions and memberships.
Reconcile Wells Fargo accounts for managers and team members.
Maintain confidentiality of information and documents.
Use the Serengeti Matter Management system to prepare and update case matters and quarterly budgets, particularly with respect to litigation and claims for both groups.
Assist Legal Department with Process Improvements.
Assist Legal Department with a variety of strategic projects such as updating internal Legal website periodically.
Assist with Telephone support/coverage for both groups and Sr. Vice President,
General Counsel Admin and direct report backup.
Employment and Immigration
Work closely with outside counsel, global human resources managers and executive leadership team on employment law advice and litigation matters and immigration issues.
Assist with creation and management of subpoena review and response system.
Assist with and coordinate responses to document production requests and other global employment litigation matters. -Assist in the preparation of presentations, speaking engagements and training materials - Assist with managing litigation, claims, and investigation statuses in Serengeti system -Assist with meetings (setting up Skype, conference room, refreshments, etc.) -Assist with cleaning up documents, formatting, spelling, etc. -- Familiarity with nonimmigrant processes including: B-1, H-1B, F-1, OPT and CPT, J-1s/H-3s, O-1, L-1 (including Blanket), TN, E-3, Consular visa processing. - Familiarity with green card applications, PERM labor certification and adjustment of status processes. - Assist Paralegal with initiation of immigration case petitions, document gathering and filing and posting documents. - Assist with drafting visa and immigration related applications, petitions, letters and affidavits. Contracts and Commercial - Process documents for signature via DocuSign and assist with systems and FedEx - Assist with maintenance of Commercial Legal SharePoint site and contracts management systems organize folders, approval policies, and access requests - Upload and file contracts, insurance certificates, other documents and open, close and update records in contract management system as needed - Coordinate cube, space, application access for commercial attorney staff and - Complete documentation and forms to interview and hire attorneys - Revise contracts, templates and policies as instructed by attorneys - Assist in the preparation of presentations, speaking engagements and training materials - Assist with managing litigation, claims, and investigation statuses in Serengeti system -Assist with meetings (setting up Skype, conference room, refreshments, etc.) -Assist with cleaning up documents, formatting, spelling, etc. - Manage team meeting schedule, structure, agenda and follow-up
* BS or BA degree required
* 4+ years of experience as a Legal administrative assistant; law firm experience preferred, employment litigation and/or immigration, commercial and contracts experience preferred. Prior in-house experience also helpful.
* Knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of non immigrant and immigrant visas also preferred.
* Knowledge of and/or experience working with contracts and commercial practice preferred.
* Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to focus on client (customer) service. - Provides high level of client service ensuring customer satisfaction - Possesses excellent organizational, analytical and writing skills. - Takes initiative to identify priorities and seek guidance, if needed. - Manages work with a large degree of independence - Demonstrates flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team. - Contributes to positive work environment - Displays professionalism, quality service and a positive attitude to internal members/departments of the Company as well as external clients and vendors. - Excellent oral and written communications. - Candidate must be able to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report, written, and verbal formats - Prior experience using the Serengeti Tracker System preferable. - Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Percentage of Travel
0% - 10%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer