Senior Administrative Assistant (Talent, Reward, & Performance Group), Chicago, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in our CHICAGO, IL office. This position will support Aon s TALENT, REWARD, PERFORMANCE group.
This Senior Administrative Assistant role provides administrative support to consultants within the Talent, Reward and Performance group. Support ranges from clerical and logistical matters to document production and the effective use of office applications. The Senior Administrative Assistant will respond promptly, thoughtfully and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities and new situations. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will possess the skills and ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal resources, clients (where applicable), and other parties in a global and virtual working environment. The Administrative Assistant is integral to the efficient workflow within the office environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
* Advanced level computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite and other programs as applicable
* Excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail
* Superior writing skills grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading
* Communicate effectively and professionally
* Work independently with a variety of individuals and teams
* Demonstrates strong organizational and management skills
* Models professional appearance and demeanor in a business casual environment
* Demonstrates discretion on highly confidential matters
* Calendar management of leaders/consultants
* Act as a key resource for the team, i.e., independently seek out answers to questions, take initiative, leverage network of resources to solve problems and proactively cascade knowledge to peer network.
* Prepare and produce high quality client presentations and correspondence, graphic presentations and other documents, including editing for grammar, punctuation and phrasing
* Use internal travel tool to research travel options and book consultant travel
* Prepare and submit expense reports
* Maintain a flexible approach and attitude towards assisting others
* Seeks additional responsibilities
* This list is not all inclusive; other tasks may vary based on business need
High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor degree a plus
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420036
CATEGORY: Business Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire