Senior Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/15/2017
Redwood City, CA
As an individual contributor performs diverse office and administrative duties, often involving work of a confidential nature requiring considerable tact, discretion and judgment. Acts as an information source on departmental and organizational practices and procedures. Coordinates complex activities/projects between departments and outside parties. Serves as a focal point for staff assignments. Interacts with contractors, consultants and vendors in support of providing Facilities coordinated services.
* Serves as a primary contact for the Facilities Department Staff and Management team.
* Answers and responds to departmental mail and inquiries on own initiative and follows up with staff, other departments, customers, and vendors to ensure that requests are carried out.
* Performs a wide variety of routine and complex general office and administrative duties including preparation of drafts, memos, letters, transmittals and general department documentation.
* Routinely prepares the layout of spreadsheets, reports, proposals, presentations, departmental forms, logs and tables.
* Establishes systems for and maintains general department records and files within defined guidelines, including but not limited to lease, purchase, vendor, space inventory documentation, project files and logs.
* Answers telephone calls and tactfully handles inquires and/or transfers calls to appropriate party. Takes detailed messages as required.
* Provide administrative support of Facilities managed capital and leasehold tenant improvement projects. Schedules and participates in project meetings. Records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes. Maintains project files as directed by the Facilities Project Manager.
* Schedules meetings and appointments. Coordinates and schedules catering arrangements, travel arrangements, prepares itineraries and processes related documentation.
Performs other duties as assigned
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form with a limited amount of supervision.
* Advanced personal computer skills utilizing Windows based word processing, electronic spreadsheet, flowcharting, and presentation software programs.
* People oriented individual able to develop familiarity with individual GHI departments, employees and their needs.
* Possesses a poised and professional manner able to remain calm in emergency situations.
* Dependable, punctual and proactive with strong customer service orientation.
* Self-starter who routinely performs daily responsibilities with minimal direction. Uses best judgement to prioritize and meet daily work demands.
* Strong communication skills, daily using oral and writing ability to maintain fluid communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
* Team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
* Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute discretion.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and drive to results with high emphasis on quality.
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
* Has knowledge and understanding of the Facilities organization and related services provided by that department to the company it supports.
* Minimum HS diploma and 4+ years related office experience, college degree preferred.
* Competent in Microsoft Office software including working knowledge and use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Strong organizational skills with knowledge of typical office filing systems and methods.
* Basic accounting skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, calculate percentages and ratios.
* Knowledge and prior experience of having worked within a Facilities Department or related customer service environment.
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
* Able to receive, respond and apply feedback in a professional manner.
* Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Working knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping and purchasing operations.
* Familiarity with commercial leasing terms and procedures.
* Knowledge and experience with MS Project and MS Visio.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Valid California driver s license with clean DMV record.
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
* Some lifting (generally not greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to enter construction work sites and laboratory environments where appropriate safety equipment and apparel, including hard hats must be worn.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter:@GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.