Senior Ambulatory Applications Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR AMBULATORY APPLICATIONS ANALYST
Job ID #: 69339
Job Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: GED
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: September 6, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital s Information Systems Department is on the leading edge of providing information technology in a healthcare setting. We connect healthcare professionals with the tools, technology and information they need to provide high quality, compassionate care. We manage and support all aspects of planning, design, implementation and operation of cost-effective information technologies and methodologies. The department promotes and carries out Best Practices in systems integration for the three major Northside facilities and numerous physician practices. In addition to system builds, Information Systems supports network infrastructures, servers, data storage, conventional and wireless connectivity, security, PCs and peripherals devices which directly and positively affect the end users, resulting in improved Patient Care. Join Northside Hospital for a rewarding career in the growing healthcare information systems profession!
Reporting to the Physician Practices Systems Coordinator, the Sr. Applications Analyst will be responsible for managing physician practice systems projects including EMR implementation, optimization and support of our physician practice applications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* System Implementation and Optimization: Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the applications currently used in the practices, specifically Greenway Primesuite EMR and PM, as well as the design, build and workflow associated with the EMR. Conduct and manage system implementations and upgrades and guide release processes for these systems. Participate in evaluating new information technology systems that focus on optimization of application functions to support the organization business and clinical goals. Utilize this knowledge to work with Information Systems and other Northside Hospital resources to integrate technical expertise and workflow understanding to create application and infrastructure solutions for the practices. Perform clinical and business workflow analysis and then generate resulting current and future state workflow diagrams. Assist with feasibility assessment of system enhancements or process changes and their impact on primary and ancillary systems. Write support documentation following standard IS protocols and have working knowledge of HIPAA and other IT security and privacy best practices. Serve as vendor s primary contact as it relates to troubleshooting, problem resolution, and support during implementations, integrations, and upgrades of PM and EMR systems. Travel to locations for onsite support, as needed.
* Physician Liaison: Serve as a Physician Liaison between Information Systems department and the physician community. Represent Northside Hospital in a professional manner by providing services such as acquisition planning, application training, demonstrations, and customer service to physician groups. Develop relationships with physician practice leadership, Operations, Revenue Integrity, Quality, IS leadership, and associated physicians in employed practices and service agreement practices.
* Support: Triage and troubleshoot reported issues. Provide and facilitate support to physician practices utilizing various IS resources and/or support vendors. Serve as an escalation point for critical issues. Supplement the Physician Support Line team with assistance on tickets and calls.
* Practice On-boarding: Manage activities related to on-boarding of new physician practices, organize efforts with various teams within the IS department, and coordinate efforts with other hospital departments to ensure successful acquisitions and a high level of physician satisfaction. Manage conversion of existing system data to the standardized system utilized at Northside or interface existing systems with Northside systems for proper integration. Perform detailed analysis of physician practice current state infrastructure including servers, hardware and network, and create resulting gap analysis and future state needs analysis. Recommend and execute IS related needs to ensure practice will be in line with Northside standards and systems.
Candidate must be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, changing and growing healthcare environment. Being in a project focused environment, this individual must produce quality, collaborative work in an organized manner while managing multiple projects independently. The ability to prioritize and manage time effectively is a must. With a desire to learn and grow, this person must also be able to share knowledge and make presentations in a group environment.
Candidate must be able to apply logic to the analysis, development and implementation of IT solutions centered on complex workflows. Change management skills are necessary to lead implementations that will result in significant changes to workflow processes for associates, physicians, and physicians office staff throughout the organization. Candidate must be able to guide physicians and hospital departments through challenging decisions that present conflicting priorities during system implementations.
Proficient in use of project management, word processing, flowcharting, and database applications will be key skills this candidate must have. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Three (3) years experience in ambulatory application support and/or usage
* Experience with healthcare application implementations and application administration
* Strong analytical, technical and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
* B.S. degree HIT, MIS, Computer Science or related field, or five (5) years healthcare IT experience
* Good understanding of IT infrastructure
* Strong understanding of:
* Ambulatory clinical workflows
* Software development best practices
* Interpreting vendor requirements documents
* Relational database concepts
* Interfaces and HL7
* Common medical terminology
* Common technical terminology
* Greenway Primesuite Chart and PM experience is preferred
* Practice acquisition and onboarding experience a plus
Required: B.S. Degree in Nursing, Business, Systems, or related field or Five (5) years healthcare financial or clinical experience Two (2) years healthcare