Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence Dollar Channel
Senior Manager, Sales Reporting & Business Intelligence
Serves as a key analytical resource for the full brand portfolio by customer and/or channel. Provides reporting, analytics, and best practice sharing that drive business insights for the teams, area and broader sales organization. Scope of activities includes Customer and/or channel level analysis and insights on consumption, shipments, spending, profitability metrics and forecasting. Provide customer specific data analysis as required. Act as point of contact and subject matter expert for reporting environments that may include Siebel/OBIEE, IRI, Nielsen, Data Warehouse, Atlas, and customer point of sale.
* Execute on time, accurate reporting and analysis of customer data for assigned customer and/or area. Provide in depth analysis and actionable suggestions using customer data to support delivery of financial targets
* Collaborate with Sales, Category Management, MDO (Market Development Org), and Marketing teams to explore and align on drivers and causals of variances
* Analyze customer sales information to identify growth opportunities
* Consolidate /standardize / improve reporting across the organization
* Facilitate and encourage collaboration and best practice sharing
* Leverage ad hoc reporting toolsets, including Siebel/OBIEE, Data Warehouse, Atlas reporting, IRI/Nielsen platforms and Customer loyalty/point of sale
* Prepare/Contribute to both internal and customer focused Business Reviews which capture and synthesize current business trends, market trends and competitive information.
* Provide thought leadership in cross-functional business discussions. Assist Sales Leadership in analytics and presentation development.
* Understand Customer and Market changes providing fact-based, customer specific data and insights.
* Leverage comprehensive and accurate reporting and analysis that drive actionable recommendations and influence business decisions.
* Communicate Retail and Business Trends (in-market ad activity, pricing, promotions) via store visits and customer/syndicated data bases. Assist Leadership in analysis of volume, pricing, promotion, and share trends using Nielsen, customer POS data, and other information sources.
* Serve as subject matter expert for various reporting systems and tools. Model cross-functional collaboration, seizing opportunities to share information and improve efficiency and effectiveness across the team. Identify opportunities to improve reporting systems (e.g., data / tools).
* Bachelor s degree is required
* A minimum of 3 years of related work experience is required (i.e. business analyst, category management, analytics, sales analyst, trade analyst, or actuarial science type work will all be considered relatable experience)
* Experience analyzing sales reports is required
* Experience using syndicated scanner data (i.e. IRI/Nielsen) or business reporting systems (i.e. Tableau or Spotfire) is required
* Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience is preferred
* Ability to travel up to 25% of work schedule
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint)
* Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills with a strength in influencing management decisions and engaging with sales managers
* Team oriented, creative thinker, with the ability to build relationships across the company
* Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple/diverse tasks