Senior Analyst / Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Research, coordinate, understand digital information exchange requirements, and develop architecture for Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS) in support of digital connectivity within tactical data link networks such as LINK 16 and other gateways.
* Provide engineering and communication expertise for the validiting test measures and methodology to test Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS) Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP).
* Develop and test TTP for Joint Terminal Attack Controllers (JTAC), Joint Fires Observers (JFO), Forward Air Controllers (Airborne) [FAC(A)], and Close Air Support (CAS) aircrew.
* Provide engineering support and architecture expertise during the development and testing of the TTP.
* Coordinate and recommend development of digital connectivity in support of the development of DACAS tactics, techniques and procedures for the Joint Force.
* Identify DACAS Joint Test information exchange requirements and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
* Assist and design digital system information exchange requirements in support of the DACAS Joint Test objectives.
* Understand and recommend digital information exchange models and system design.
* Support technical test director reviewing and suggesting digital applications and systems.
* Apply knowledge of tactical data links in support of execution DACAS.
* Analyze users' digital needs and make recommendations.
* Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed amongst CAS aircraft, Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Kits, Joint Fires Observer positions, and supporting tactical data links.
* Understand military tactical radio systems and computer languages.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Financial Management or other technical field and 10 years of work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 8 years experience working with in operational test environment including T&E project execution
* 5+ years experience in application of design and architiecture tools and application within a DOD environment
* 5+ years expereince in military radio technology and application
* 5+ years experience working within a COCOM or higher staff process
* Strong background and understanding of TTP development and testing process within DoD
* Understanding of T&E procedures including conduct of DOT&E test operations
* Strong graphic and microsoft office experience
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* DOD Operational experience
* Acomplishment of appropriate DOD professional military education
* Prior participation in the JT&E programs and test events
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled