Senior Analyst, Health Care Strategic Research (Full-time, starting summer 2017) 9/1/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Senior Analyst, Health Care Strategic Research (Full-time, starting summer 2017)
Research & Writing
Share | |Email this job
SENIOR ANALYST *LI
Health Care Strategic Research
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Senior Analysts work in teams on research studies to surface key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.
Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as health care reform, the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and other strategic issues facing hospitals. These studies are also published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides senior analysts the opportunity to learn from peers, occasionally coach other analysts, and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role and advance towards management positions.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C. and starts in the summer of 2017.
Senior Analysts work on at least two research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the senior analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
- Collaborate on research agenda setting
- Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
- Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
- Deliver teleconferences on research findings
- Contribute to research-related publications and deliverables
As senior analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing thought leadership and creativity, and even serving as in-house experts on various topics.
The senior analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst s performance, capabilities and ambition.
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- 2+ years of experience or Master s degree
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Master s degree in a health care related field
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
- Experience presenting research findings and insights in a professional setting
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD:
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.