Senior Analyst, International Health Care IT Research 8/18/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Senior Analyst, International Health Care IT Research
Research & Writing
Share | |Email this job
SENIOR ANALYST, INTERNATIONAL HEALTH CARE IT RESEARCH
Advisory Board International
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Senior Analysts work closely with Advisory Board International s (ABI) Program Director on both original research and tailoring existing research studies surfacing key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals in the US and overseas and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives from all over the world, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.
Research typically lasts 3-5 months and culminates several times per year in series of day-long summits around the world where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent summits have included topics such as strategic implications of clinical technology, managing labor costs, inpatient capacity management, and implementing electronic medical records. Finally, these studies are published and shared with other hospital leaders. Senior Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Senior Analysts have the opportunity to learn from the work of other teams and a broad range of topic areas and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they mature in their roles.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
Senior Analysts work on one to two research studies per meeting series, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the Senior Analysts will typically be expected to assist with the following objectives:
- Collaborate on research agenda setting
- Conduct in-depth interviews with international senior healthcare executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
- Closely interact with other ABC departments such as member service and marketing
- Assist with translation duties where appropriate
As Senior Analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing thought leadership and creativity, and serving as in-house experts on various topics, particularly gaining expertise in overseas hospital care. Senior Analysts play an important role in answering research requests from member institutions and in preparing and sending out regular research communications to the whole membership.
The Senior Analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on a Senior Analyst s performance, capabilities and ambition.
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum two year of work experience or Master's degree
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Interest or experience in health care IT content
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 238,000 leaders in 4,200+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 3,000+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $700 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.