Senior Analyst, Property Tax Commercial
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Analyst supports general functions of the practice such as property tax assessment notice and tax bill processing, mail handling, and scanning. The Analyst performs independent research and analytical reviews in support of the Property Tax practice and maintains software databases to ensure database and report integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interacts with taxing jurisdictions to verify assessment, tax bill, and deadline information.
* Monitors compliance and filing requirements in conjunction with staff and management.
* Receives, identifies, and sorts all incoming mail on a daily basis.
* Batches tax documents for scanning into scan manager for transmitting information to India resources for processing, where applicable.
* Processes tax bills and assessments timely, including allowing enough time for processing by client.
* Coordinates outgoing mail processes, including preparation of certified and return receipts, and proper postage metering; logs proof of mailers; and delivers mail to post office or courier service.
* Scans and archives proof of mailers in Property Tax system of record. Assembles tax return packages if necessary.
* Assists in preparation for board hearings by copying, collating, and binding documentation for presentations to the review board.
* Assists with researching asset ownership structures, title policy reviews, jurisdictional tax policies, property re-parceling, and tenant escalation billing issues, as requested and directed.
* Builds knowledge of property tax jurisdictions throughout the country, including tax bill deadlines, appeal deadlines, and tracking statutory deadlines.
* Coordinates processes with jurisdictional data requests to meet statutory deadline requirements for assessment notices, compliance returns, tax bills, and agency authorizations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High-school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma required. General knowledge and ability to understand a tax calendar desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
There are no supervisory responsibilities..