Senior Analyst, Strategic Sourcing
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Partner with stakeholder groups to understand business needs
* Support opportunity assessments to identify and prioritize efforts across categories (e.g., media, print, consulting, human relations services, etc.)
* Conduct RFx development, negotiations, and contracting to reduce spend while ensuring high levels of service. Lead the processes for Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, supplier Q&A interactions and presentations
* Lead the process for supplier selection criteria based on stakeholder team input and Mylan business needs
* Help to identify and facilitate supplier development efforts (e.g., with incumbent suppliers)
* Research supplier networks for key spend categories, promoting cooperative relationships with suppliers and ensuring that all suppliers are treated in a professional, ethical and fair manner
* Obtain greatest value for purchases across cost, services (e.g., services descriptions and commitments and service level agreements / key performance indicators), and commercial contract terms
* Enable financial delivery to the business in excess of 5% on spend managed
* Periodically support other Sourcing and Procurement departmental efforts
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the qualifications for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Masters degree a plus. Prior pharmaceutical experience preferred.
* Must possess superb interpersonal, strategic, analytical, communication, time management, and coordination, multi-tasking and computer skills, including proficiency in industry standard software programs. Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Depth of knowledge and experience in high spend areas (e.g., marketing and sales, finance, shared services, human relations, etc.) as well as ability to apply sourcing and category management processes to other category areas
* Experience in conducting strategic sourcing projects
* Ability to synthesize full or partial information sets for decision making. Ability to apply logic for handling gaps in data
* Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
* Proven project management skills and ability to generate and execute project plans with cross functional participation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Detail orientation with high degree of accuracy while also having the ability to see the larger picture
* Ability to determine what analysis and information is needed based on business needs identified during stakeholder and sourcing team discussions
* Position functions autonomously. This position will coordinate and facilitate cross-functional efforts. Fluency in the spoken and written English language required.
* Ability to solve problems with multiple variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and use deductive reasoning with no prescribed procedures to solve complex problems.
* Corporate, trade group and supplier visits requiring travel
WHY MYLAN? If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2016, 11:54:08 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.