Senior Analyst, Strategy and Business Performance - Senior Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Tufts Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Director of Strategy and Business Performance, the Senior Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Senior Products Leadership team, as well as in business performance management for the Senior Products Division. Specifically, the Senior Analyst will help in the assessment of performance and business trends, development of business and strategic plans, and oversight of execution and tracking of the plan and key initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
* Supporting the development of business case around strategic initiatives
* Partnering with initiative owners to track and report on progress against key performance metrics
* Partnering with Finance, Actuarial, and Senior Products functional areas to assess product and Division financial performance and variances from plan
* Helping to develop and maintain efficient processes and tools at the division and function levels to aid performance assessment and management
* Helping to track and report on competitive activities, regulatory and other external events, and their implications for the Senior Products Division
* Supporting key processes including Administrative Expense Planning, Annual Strategic Planning, and Business Reviews, including development of related analysis
EDUCATION: (Minimum education required)
* Bachelor's degree in an analytical field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
* Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in consulting or corporate strategic planning and/or financial planning and analysis or equivalent
* Previous Healthcare or related experience is preferred
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
* Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
* Strong data analytic and presentation skills
* Strong communication skills and experience working with various stakeholders, including senior leaders
* Ability to analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources, while ensuring accuracy
* Advanced MS Excel and financial modeling experience
* Ability to automate routine processes, such as consolidation of multiple data/file sources, as much as possible
* Ability to contribute and succeed in a team-oriented environment
* Ability to learn quickly and to work independently on multiple competing priorities
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
* Ability to be flexible when required to meet critical deadlines
* Ability to prioritize among multiple deliverables
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled