Senior Application Architect 9/2/2016
vTech Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR APPLICATION ARCHITECT/ INTEGRATION MANAGER
LOCATION: Boston, MA
DURATION: 12 Months (Possibilities of extensions)
The Sr. Application Technical Architect/Integration Managerreports to the Technical Lead/Release Manager. They are responsible for ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and project best practices associated with non-production environment. In addition, the individual in this position evaluates vendors' movements such as; database upgrades, middleware changes, etc., and advises management on issues/risks associated with such changes. They recommends process improvements and oversees the activities of the Architect Review Board.
THEIR TIME IS SPENT ON SEVERAL MAJOR FUNCTIONS ON A ROTATING BASIS:
* Monitors vendors' technical activities related to hosting infrastructure to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and industry best practices associated with non-production environments;
* Provides metrics and status reports on non-production environments performance quality, trouble tickets, issues resolution, etc.
* Evaluates vendors' technical roadmap; provides input on infrastructure implementations such as database upgrades, middleware changes, etc. Advises on risks/risk management strategy for such implementing these strategies;
* Oversee the activities of the Architecture Review Board;
* Evaluate vendors' technical documentation for software releases and provides feedback to improve the quality of these contractual deliverables;
* Recommends process improvements associated with vendors' practices for maintaining the non-production environments;
* Reviews and provides feedback on detailed technical architecture documentation;
* Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the project;
* Provides technical solution recommendations. Act as highest level technical expert: partners with software and infrastructure providers to realize strategic goals; addresses aspects of architectural complexity, compatibility and platform diversity;
* Appraises IT and business partners of technologies and trends; proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing business and IT strategy;
* Engages in architectural governance processes; conducts peer review of artifacts developed by other architects, designers and technology partners;
* Works with Solution Integrator to ensure systems meet critical non-functional needs;
* Liaises with vendors to ensure systems and integrations remain cohesive and adequately support enterprise wide purpose, reuse and scalability;
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the hosting infrastructure;
* Acts as an internalconsultant, advocate, mentor and change agent;
* Produces as required and requested such documentation, diagrams and other architectural artifacts that may be required by the project.
PEOPLE WHO WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION ARE THOSE WHO:
* Bachelors or Master's Degree with 5-7 years, preferably in a healthcare environment, government experiences a plus.
* Excellent communication skills used to communicating with IT and business management, technology vendor and third-party delivery partners.
* Must be a self-starter, have a broad technical background, possess both critical-thinking and analytical skills and must be able to manage and prioritize many tasks at any given time.
* Infrastructure fundamentals (disaster recovery, data replication, application hosting).
EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:
* Experience across both Java and .Net
* SQL Server, PL/SQL, XML
* Web services, SOAP, RESTful, SOA
* Object Oriented Programming
* Unit Testing, Continuous Integration knowledge of SharePoint, ALM a plus.