Senior Application Software Engineer (Web Services) - Java and/or C# 8/16/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Application Software Engineer (Web Services) - Java and/or C# will be joining Company's API team means you'll be surrounded by colleagues who are dedicated to meeting their own high standards, to inspiring their teammates and to making a positive impact on under-insured and uninsured individuals. This is an opportunity to work within the Cortex Innovation Community and implement cutting edge technologies including docker containerization, MongoDB, Node.js, Big Data, Hadoop, DevOps, etc. by delivering useful RESTful API's throughout the organization. If these same things get you excited, we hope to hear from you.
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs using both Java and C#. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers. You WILL use a variety of tools as a part of your daily job. This position is technology agnostic. Must be flexible to use a variety of tools, including bleeding edge tech.
* Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
* Meet with business partners to understand business needs
* Responsible for overall design of the solution
* Design, build and test applications
* Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of related experience using an Object-Oriented language (either Java or C#).
* Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
* Advanced knowledge of Agile methodology.
* Strong knowledge of SQL (queries) is assumed.