Technical Architect - Digital Client Experience Group 9/9/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Digital Client Experience (DCE) group is responsible for a variety of client facing technology solutions. Reporting to the DCE Lead Architect, the Applications Architect interact with development team leads and determine the level of engagement and its priority to achieve the most effective outcome across the DCE group.
Collaborate and consult on key strategic DCE projects by providing technical insight and expert-level knowledge to develop, build and deliver solutions. Ability to identify pragmatic technical design and practical development approach, which is aligned with strategic enterprise goals. This position requires broad technical acumen covering front end, server and database technologies with aptitude for innovation and continuous improvement.
The Applications Architect provides technical design expertise and guidance within the DCE domain, to ensure solutions and services maximize business value in an efficient and timely manner. Provide solution alternatives and recommendations to meet business needs and consider the costs and risks associated with each alternative. Work closely with project teams to translate strategic technology direction into development activities.
Strong hands-on experience and proven record in delivering projects from inception to implementation is critical to ensure a realistic approach to proposed solutions. This must be supplemented with knowledge and experience of development processes and methodology as well as promoting best practices on design, development, testing, and change management.
Depending on the size and nature of the project, as well as the skill set of the development teams involved, the level of engagement on an individual project may vary. Some examples of the responsibilities and deliverables for a given project are:
* Translate functional and non-functional requirements into design, with strategic vision
* Determine technology upgrade or redesign approach for legacy applications, aligned with DCE business priorities and strategic technology goals
* Recommend technology stack tailored for DCE applications and business product roadmap, with specific technical libraries where applicable, resulting in a cohesive design and implementation approach for the DCE group
* Develop prototype and proof of concept using recommended technical libraries
* Formulate overall design and development approach as a blueprint for development team on new DCE projects
* Provide technical leadership on best practices for chosen architecture and technology
* Knowledge transfer on development processes, specific technical libraries and testing practices to development team
* Deliver application seeds using chosen technical libraries, to be used as the basis for development by DCE development teams
* Ability to interface effectively with all areas affected by the projects (e.g. business users, other Systems colleagues, other interfacing projects, etc.).
* Excellent interpersonal skills and responsiveness to client need
* Strong organizational, time management and communication (written and oral) skills
* Ability to guide and facilitate conversations between the business and technical groups
* Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Bachelor degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related fields-REQUIRED; Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development including 5+ years of technical experience in the architecture, design and development of various applications utilizing a wide range of technologies and vendor platforms REQUIRED
* Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks, design patterns and industry best practices for design and development REQUIRED
* 3+ years of experience in at least one JEE Application Server, WebSphere and/or Tomcat experience is REQUIRED
* 3+ years of hands-on experience developing with JEE technologies including components: Spring, JPA/Hibernate, JMS/MQ REQUIRED
* Hands-on experience developing API (REST/SOAP), OAuth, IAM
* Experience in integration projects, across in-house developed applications and vendor products
* Understanding of Secure Coding best practices
* MUST HAVE experience with testing frameworks and Continuous Integration - REQUIRED
* Working experience with relational database (Oracle/DB2 preferred)
* Experience with non-relational database storage and processing systems is a plus
* Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME
* Ability to conduct multi-level technical reviews (architecture, design, code)- REQUIRED
* Exceptional problem solving skills
Grade - 10
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.