Senior Applications Developer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintains software applications according to specifications.
* Maintains source code control system and application software versioning.
* Supports applications that are used at Ryan.
* Maintains strong focus on customer service to all internal clients.
* Identifies emerging technologies that will help Ryan better leverage resources.
* Helps define processes and procedures in the Applications Development area.
* Participates in cross-training activities as required.
* Works with external vendors when necessary.
* Helps document and define requirements for development and enhancement projects.
* Assists with mentoring and training of junior members.
* Adheres to Firm processes for change and configuration management, contributing to ongoing maintenance of audits and othersecurity/compliance initiatives.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Develops middle ware and 3rd party application integration solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experiencerequired and six or more years related applications development experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have substantial experience and the ability to work directly with stakeholders and produce coding specifications based on business requirements.
5+ years of experience using .Net (2.x, 3.x, 4.x), C#, SQL
Thorough knowledge of OWASP concepts, Encryption and SSO
Ability to administer and tune IIS and set up a website from start to finish
Experience with BootStrap or Foundation
Microsoft Power BI
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Microsoft(R) Development C# and .NET certifications are desirable.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may assign tasks and coordinate work efforts with junior team members and offshore resources at Manager's discretion.
* Standard indoor working environment.
* Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
* Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.