Senior Applications Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Applications Developer will play a key role in the planning activities and responsible and accountable for technology aspects of software development phases of a project while insuring that the final deliverable of a project meets the intended functionality needs of the analyzed business requirements. This position will encompass responding to feature activation and configuration requests, leading design and development efforts, customizing applications and services around a SharePoint environment, Collaboration and Project portals, Content and Document Management, and Business process enablement. This position participates in the requirements gathering phase of business needs and is responsible for the design and development phases of a project including overall project management. Familiarity with SharePoint integrated third-party tools is highly desired.
This position will help translate functional and technical requirements into implementable code logic and help develop and support custom workflow solutions. In addition to development, this position will have responsibility for the creation, maintenance, and support for the K2 Workflow platform and its integration with SharePoint Environments.
* Develop the effective solutions to complex business needs and demands.
* Plan and lead the execution of tasks associated with all phases of a software development and delivery services from envisioning solution from requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and release phases.
* Ability to visualize and develop workflows leveraging K2 Workflow Designer
* Ability to develop K2 SmartObjects and SmartForms
* Ability to extend K2 Workflows to leveraging C#/.NET
* Ability to Develop Service Broker or other artifacts that allows integration with Line of Business systems
* Ensure platform stability, performance, and recoverability.
* Design and implement rich communication and collaboration solutions leveraging out-of-the-box, third-party tools, and custom developed solutions
* Working familiarity with SharePoint, WCF and Web Services
* Working in an Integrated Development Environment such as Visual Studio a plus
* Install and support SharePoint platform and associated middleware.
* Perform rapid and joint app development and related troubleshooting.
* Perform and participate in requirements gathering and analysis which include: analytical data gathering techniques, current system documentation, and business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic.
* Ability to write store procedures and self-sufficiency with Microsoft SQL Server databases
* Maintain and monitor K2 related server health
* Provide thought leadership on best practices, usability, and post release support for solutions ranging from small teams to cross-divisional, enterprise solutions
* In collaboration with business users, design and develop solutions through the definition of business processes and workflows, application navigation flow, user interfaces and reporting dashboard layouts, etc.
* Ability to manage projects and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Lend knowledge support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
* Assess the risks associated with each projects solution design, share and discuss remedial actions with the team.
* Provide effective written and verbal communications for a diverse backgrounds and interested individuals
* Facilitate 1st and 2nd level tier support
* Work in a team environment and support or mentor team members as required
* Effectively manage multiple priorities.
* Perform additional job-related duties required or as requested by the supervisor.
* Familiarity with various development models / methodologies, related IT systems and processes and their direct implementation to serve projects.
* Programming knowledge and strong experience in software development specifically with SharePoint environments and architectures.
* Exposure to the entire K2 environment and integration with SharePoint is a must.
* Working knowledge and exposure to maintain K2 infrastructure environment.
* Experience with managing multiple projects.
* Extensive expertise installing, configuring and maintaining a multi-farm, multi-server SharePoint 2010/2013 and relevant expertise with supporting technologies including but not limited to LDAP/AD, SQL Server, IIS, DNS, networking, network load balancing, various authentication methodologies, backup and restore, and disaster recovery.
* Familiarity with various SDLC models / methodologies, including waterfall, agile, and spiral, related IT systems and processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to projects.
* Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, system design, and Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
* Experience with SharePoint Object Model.
* Must have working experience with TFS and code repository concepts.
* Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
* Exposure to the tools of AvePoint is essential.
* Working knowledge in virtualized environments is also critical.
* Ability to edit, author, and publish video and other media formats.
* Must be self-driven and motivated with a focus on team performance
* Experience with cross functional team management and facilitation
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field (preferred).
* 5 years of hands-on experience with relevant technologies.
* 3 or more years of SharePoint Development experience
* 2 or more years of business analysis experience
* Knowledge of SharePoint Infrastructure and a proven track record of systems configuration, maintenance and ownership of environment/platform upgrades
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIREMENTS)
* Described under qualifications
* Certificates & Licenses:
* Project Management certifications. PMP, OPM3, or similar is helpful.
* Exposure to SCRUM and Agility is beneficial
* U.S. work authorization required.