Senior Applications Engineer 9/7/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Minimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Experienced (3+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is looking for an Applications Engineer with experience in DC-DC power management and a passion for marketing and business development specifically to develop example designs and collateral to promote products into multiple end applications. Successful candidate should have proven experience in DC-DC converter design, working knowledge of end applications, and their system-level requirements. An example is, having an understanding of system power architecture or safety integrity level standards and how they influence power supply selection in industrial applications. Good Communication skills and exposure to systematic competitive analysis and data collection to develop and deliver compelling product presentations, technical articles and white papers is desired. Will work closely with the business management, marketing, and field teams in planning and executing go-to-market plans.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* DC-DC power technical content development
* Understand various end applications, their power architecture, key requirements, and show how Maxim s power products address them
* Strong knowledge of at least one industrial end application is desired
* Lab background to build boards and collect competitive and application data
* Technical Marketing including development and delivery of collateral such as application notes, short design examples, white papers, presentations, webinars, videos
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of other European or Asian languages is a plus
The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, at least 4-5 years experience with Power Management ICs.
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Percentage of Travel
10% - 25%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available