Senior Architect Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
This position is responsible for handling all network based escalations from the SRC. This role will also mentor and support the current team. The role also involves providing extensive documentation for how the network is configured and built. This individual will also own the compliance remediation efforts across the environment and provide troubleshooting expertise for the current and long term infrastructure. This role will also work with the customer support teams on customer escalation issues. This person will work with all the different disciplines including Systems, DB, Virtualization and Storage.
* Take escalations from th SRC team to troubleshoot network related issues.
* Assist in documenting and providing network based diagrams of the datacenters.
* Take ownership and establish a plan to patch all network devices.
* Mentor and grow the skill set of the rest of the team.
* Provide Network Security expertise to ensure the network is secure.
* Standardize the network across the multiple business units.
* 15+ years of professional experience.
* Strong in routing and switching.
* Strong in WAN/LAN architectures.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Strong skills with OS tuning to take advantage of the network.
* Strong Network Security skills.
* Strong skills around WAN optimization.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong understanding of operating systems (Linux & Windows).
* Strong understanding of compliance (SOX, PCI, etc ).
* Good understanding of agile/scrum.
* Good understanding of cloud computing.
* Good understanding of large scale data centers.
* BS or equivelant work experience.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.