Senior Architect - Part-Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with WorleyParsons.
You will provide architectural engineering services to WorleyParsons and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the architectural engineering team.
This is a career-oriented permanent-position within a global company which offers many growth opportunities. The position is part-time with a minimum of 17.5-hours per week and offers a flexible remuneration package with benefits. The position may become full-time in the future.
The Senior Architect will lead construction document creation and technical building design and delivery on global projects while reporting directly to the Chief Architect. He/She will create, fully document, scope, specify, and monitor the design and delivery of facilities in domestic and international markets while leading/integrating within multi-discipline teams. The candidate will also assist in the development and implementation of standards and common industry practices for WorleyParsons North America.
The Senior Architect will also lead compliance with contract and code requirements, create and finalize 3D models and 2D working drawings, author and monitor construction packages, evaluate vendor submittals, integrate process equipment and systems with facility structures and enclosures, and author and monitor procurement packages. He/she will also directly report to the Project Managers and integrate closely with lead engineers and designers in the performance and closure of work.
Occupancy types on a typical campus typically include administration buildings, visitor centers, plant control buildings, security buildings, ecclesiastical facilities, water and waste-water treatment, power generation, open air and underground structures, maintenance and repair facilities, residential and recreational facilities, warehouses, gas compression and many other sustainable site systems. The ability to blend aesthetics while enabling function, maintenance, and cost control is a key success indicator.
* - Spearhead functional, technical, and aesthetic requirements in the campus and building design, delivery, and construction process.
* - Develop and implement Construction Packages including scopes of work, specifications, drawings, bidder evaluations, and construction assistance.
* - Lead and integrate with internal and outsourced project teams.
* - Lead and integrate engineering and design requirements into facility designs.
* - Lead and evaluate the selection of materials and vendors.
* - Review and comment upon work performed by others per contract, code, and project requirements.
* - Lead, integrate, and monitor constructability, material suitability, safety, and code requirements into design and delivery processes.
* - Assess and manage scope, cost control, change control, and risk management.
* - Position may occasionally require some domestic and international travel and direct stakeholder contact and presentations.
The position will be within WorleyParsons Global Power Headquarters located in Reading, Pennsylvania. The region features a balanced four-season climate and demographic. Reading is situated along the Schuylkill River and 90-mile Heritage Trail which features a scenic terrain. The community has many recreational, artistic, entertainment, activity, amusement park, and culinary venues available. Philadelphia, Lancaster, and the Pennsylvania Poconos are within a one-hour drive. New York City, the New Jersey Shore, and Washington DC are easy day or weekend trips. Air, bus, and rail service is readily available within driving distance. WHAT YOU WILL BRING
TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
* Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its customers.
* A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the architectural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
* A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
* Competent use of architectural engineering specific software.
* Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
* Substantial technical land practical experience in architectural engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS, ACCREDITATION, TRAINING
* - A minimum of 3-years experience as a lead architect.
* - Intern Architects and Licensed Architects considered
* - Graduate of NAAB accredited architecture school or NAAB approved international equivalent
* - NCARB record and certification
* - USGBC LEED AP (BD C) certification preferred
* - Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work on fulfillment of tasks with minimal supervision
* - Demonstrated ability to quickly understand criteria and scope and provide effective fit-for-purpose solutions
* - Domestic or International Design and Construction Experience
* - CADD Software Knowledge: AutoCad or Microstation required, ArchiCad and Revit preferred
* - Standard Office Software Knowledge: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to self-learn and functionally repeat proprietary design and delivery techniques, use of software systems, and implementation of workflow processes.
OUR GOAL IS TO DEVELOP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY RETAIN THE PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VISION AND STRATEGY. TO HELP US ACHIEVE OUR VISION AND YOURS, APPLY NOW.
WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.