Senior Associate, Accounting Advisory Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Mc Lean, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Accounting Advisory Services for our Deal Advisory practice.
- Provide accounting advisory support and research to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting standards
- Assist with Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
- Provide conversion services to U.S. and foreign registered companies that need a change in their financial reporting to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and provide fresh-start accounting support to clients upon emergence from bankruptcy
- Prepare and present accounting findings and concepts
- Three years of financial audit experience with a public accounting or advisory firm, or three years of financial reporting and consolidations experience with a Fortune 500 organization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university or CPA eligible; licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .