- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Associate, Business Analyst, Crimson
Senior Associate, Business Analyst, Crimson
Implementation & Services
Share | |Email this job
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, BUSINESS ANALYST, CRIMSON
Performance Technologies - Crimson Delivery
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Business Analyst is responsible for implementation and maintenance of our web-based business intelligence applications for a set of clients, managing the communication, project timelines and technical responsibilities throughout the project. Implementation Consultants extensively utilize database technologies including SQL to acquire and transform institutions data into consistent data formats to power dashboards and reports.
- Work directly with client staff (from technical to executive level) to execute against project timelines throughout implementation lifecycle
- Devise creative solutions to accommodate partial data sets and custom data formats
- Master the functionality of the business intelligence tool and develop expertise in product terrain
- Develop data diagnostics and report deliverables
- Provide ongoing technical and business support for the web application
- Solve complex technical problems
- Facilitate client calls and in person meetings
- Work with other functional teams including marketing, development, and product management to improve client satisfaction across multiple dimensions, as needed
- Bachelor s Degree
- Possess 1+ year experience in at least two of the following:
- Project management
- Client management
- Team leadership
- Master s Degree in technology or business related terrain (Information Systems (MIS), Master s of Business Administration (MBA), Engineering, Health Care Information Technology (IT)) OR Possess 1+ year experience in at least two of the following:
- Data analysis
- Use of analytic tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Access, SAS)
- IT systems, database design, or data structures
- Computer programming (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic)
- Willingness to travel up to 10% domestically
- Excellent academic record
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Technical aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience working with business intelligence and reporting tools
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Experience presenting to and/or facilitating conversations with executive level audience
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in health informatics
- Experience working in health care industry
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.