Senior Associate, Data & Analytics Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, to join our Data & Analytics team in our Atlanta office, or other select US office location.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
- Deliver client analytics project work stream through direct ownership of data ingestion, validation, mining, and engineering, as well as modeling, visualization, and client communication deliverables (on more advanced projects, will work with data science, big data, and visualization experts)
- Build analytics solutions using variety of big data technologies and analytics tools as required by the client, and create robust documentation of solutions and underlying design decisions and operating procedures
- Support project leaders in tracking and communicating project risks, budget, rates, and launch/closeout activities, including the administration of work papers and collaboration sites
- Proactively broaden and deepen client relationships by working with varying levels of client team members
- Minimum of four years of data analytics experience with a professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative field from an accredited college or university (master's or MBA degree preferred) with working knowledge of topics such as statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science, and cloud computing
- Demonstrated analytics solution design and build expertise, work stream management skills, strong business consulting acumen in applying advanced analytics to solve business issues, and knowledge of business operational, process, delivery, and revenue models
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .