Senior Associate, Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome to SapientNitro. We're an agency changing the game -- redefining the way that brands engage consumers by creating compelling stories and experiences that attract and resonate across an ever-evolving landscape. Our work pushes past boundaries and channels. It wins awards. But most importantly, it makes an impact for our clients and their customers. And makes us excited to step through the door each morning. We help one another climb, we dont climb over one another. Integrity and a team-driven environment connect entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If youre ready to be an Idea Engineer with the brightest minds in the industry and do things that haven't yet been imagined, lets see where you can put your talents to work.
Senior Associate, Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics
Sapient is looking for a SR ASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST to join its Data Science practice. The role is to not only be a trusted advisor to our clients for driving the next generation innovation in applied machine learning and statistical analysis but also a change agent in advancing the groups capabilities into the future
As part of the team, you will be responsible for creating data driven solutions that at the core are driven by relevant learning algorithms. In this role you will educate internal and external teams on conceptual models for problem solving in the machine learning realm and help translate goals and objectives into data driven solutions. You will enjoy working with some of the most diverse data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real business results on a regular basis
The role is critical in helping advance the application of machine learning as a core building block to core market offerings in eCommerce, advertising, adtech and business transformation. In addition, you will be responsible for providing analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing tactics. You will tie optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
As an evangelist for data science, you will partner with leaders in various divisions, industries and geographies, in order to ensure that increasingly more solutions we bring to the market are data driven and are supported by a strong data sciences group.
Core areas of focus for this group includes applications in customer segmentations, text analytics, media and advertising optimization solutions, developing recommender systems, fraud analytics, personalization systems and forecasting.
REPONSIBILITIES (IN ADDITION TO WHATS LISTED ABOVE)
* Guide and lead the evolution of internal project teams as they transition from traditional solution architectures to ones that are driven by applications in machine learning
* Provide technical thought leadership, coaching and mentorship in the field of data science in working with engineering and other cross functional teams
* Design controlled experiments to measure changes to new user experience experience
* Segment customers and markets to improve targeting and messaging of product recommendations and offers
* Design and implement high performance and robust analytical models in support of project objectives
* Research and evaluate open source and vendor solutions in the analytics platforms space to guide solutions
* Be responsible for solution and code quality including providing detailed and constructive design and code reviews
* Help establish standards in machine learning and statistical analysis to ensure consistency in quality across projects and teams
* Help develop next generation solutions in core functional areas related to digital marketing & customer experience solution blocks - Content and Commerce, AdTech, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative or computational field. Advanced degrees preferred
* Demonstrate proficiency with various approaches in regression, classification, and cluster analysis
* Must have experience in statistical programming (machine learning libraries) in Python (scikit-learn), R
* Expertise in one or more programming languages Python, R, Scala
* Experience working with clickstream data from web, mobile or apps
* Experience with text mining in information retrieval, topic mining, clustering and other related
* Expertise in SQL programming languages and familiarity with Hive, PIG
* Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
* Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to tell a story using data
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance
* Passionate about turning data into actionable insights
* Proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results
* Ph.D in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative or computational field
* Expertise in application of machine learning algorithms on large datasets
* Experience with large datasets and distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark) a plus
* Experience accessing data, map-reduce programming style and training models in Hadoop, Spark
SapientNitro, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a new breed of agency redefining storytelling for an always-on world. Were changing the way our clients engage todays connected consumers by uniquely creating integrated, immersive stories across brand communications, digital engagement, and omni-channel commerce. We call it Storyscaping, where art and imagination meet the power and scale of systems thinking. SapientNitros unique combination of creative, brand and technology expertise results in one global team collaborating across disciplines, perspectives and continents to create game-changing success for our Global 1000 clients, such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target, and Vodafone, in 31 cities across The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit http://www.sapientnitro.com/.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE, WHICH INCLUDE HEARING, SPEAKING, TYPING, AND OCCASIONALLY MOVING AND/OR LIFTING UP TO 15 POUNDS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.