Senior Associate Director, Corporate Relations
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, develops and executes a robust corporate engagement and fundraising program targeting U.S. as well as multi-national corporations with the goal of deepening relationships with and increasing support from corporations for the cross-institution priorities and initiatives. Works closely with the Director, faculty, senior leadership and others to develop corporate engagement strategies and advance relationships with corporations (ranging from sponsored/collaborative research agreements, sponsorships, philanthropy, and internship experiences, among others).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to work with and command the respect of faculty, senior administrators, trustees and nurture productive working partnerships internally and externally.
* Ability to grasp and synthesize complex information across a range of issues and disciplines.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to prioritize work in response to multiple demands.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
* Creative, professional and entrepreneurial.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* 7+ years of fundraising in a complex development organization, preferably in corporate relations.
* Prior experience successfully developing and maintaining corporate relationships resulting in significant revenue.
* Writing and communications experience in higher education or a non-profit environment preferred; experience developing funding request proposals.
* Experience in an academic setting preferred.
* Proven ability to navigate inside corporations to establish meaningful contact with executive leadership and garner critical support for Dartmouth priorities.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* Advanced degree desirable.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Under the direction of the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, develops and executes a corporate engagement and fundraising program and College-wide corporate strategy that clearly articulates Dartmouth s institutional niche.
* Administers and pursues corporate academic partnerships aligned with the College s broad range of programs and initiatives and serves as a point of contact for corporate relations at the College.
* Manages own portfolio of top corporate prospects through the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship cycles. Travels to visit key corporate offices frequently, often in tandem with faculty, senior officers or trustees of the College, and coordinates campus visits from corporate prospects.
* Develops and cultivates key relationships with potential new corporate partners; develops proposals for corporate prospects and advocates institutional priorities to the corporate community.
* Works with the Director to identify, research, and set strategies for new prospective corporate donors.
* Engages with faculty to enhance and expand existing research collaborations with corporations as well as identifying, cultivating and executing new ones. Ensures industry visits to campus and visits to industry are well planned and executed.
* Develops customized proposals to corporate prospects, budgets and presentations for all areas of corporate awards.
* Creates new models for comprehensive corporate support as well as extending the ways in which corporate partners can become involved with Dartmouth.
* Works independently or in close collaboration with faculty, administrators, the director and others to develop proposals, project descriptions, case statements, and other working documents.
* Develops strategies for alumni and friends with strong corporate affiliations, or where interest exists regarding areas of intersection between business practices and philanthropy.
* Coordinates corporate relations activities across the institution.
* Create briefings, profiles, and other materials for senior officers and faculty involved in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate prospects.
Planning and Program Management:
* Working with the Director, establishes a Corporate Relations Prospect review Committee to develop coordinated strategies for prospects with multiple interests across campus. This committee should include campus partners and academic units most directly engaged with corporate entities, and should be convened quarterly to review prospect activity, identify new relationships and giving opportunities, and coordinate proposals.
* Identifies corporate prospects with Dartmouth-related connections and encourages effective data-mining of the constituency.
* Works with professional school officers (Amos Tuck School of Business, Thayer School of Engineering and Geisel School of Medicine) to create a collaborative and innovative environment that results in maximum support.
* Meets regularly with members of the faculty, academic administration, and other key institutional leaders to stay informed of institutional priorities, and to identify and respond to opportunities for increasing corporate engagement and support.
* Assists Director in setting and meeting departmental goals and creating and implementing tracking and reporting systems to assess department achievement.
* Works with the Director to continually assess and improve work processes and systems to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
* Works with the Director to maintain and strengthen communications with campus partners, such as the Office of Sponsored Projects, Dean of Faculty office, and Provost Office.
* Plans, develops and implements effective corporate relations department procedures.
* Keeps current with trends in the corporate community and actively seeks to identify areas of mutual interest between corporations, early-stage companies, and Dartmouth.
* Creates and executes a corporate recognition and stewardship program; with appropriate staff, plans and executes corporate stewardship communications, site visits and required reporting.
* Takes responsibility for staying informed of presidential, provostial, and dean of faculty priorities.
* Serves as a resource to faculty, helping to devise and implement engagement and fund-raising strategies (with appropriate approval).
* Maintains awareness of priorities, current