Senior Associate, IS Assurance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 4/5/2017
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A IS Assurance Senior Associate is responsible for planning of IS audit process and completion of testing and analysis of client software systems. In this role, the IS Assurance Senior Associate will be charged with documenting and testing general controls in a wide range of technology environments to analyze system security and access controls, backup recovery procedures and IS organization and administration practices.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant field required
- Masters in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience of information systems and operational auditing experience required
- One (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience required
- Prior experience working within a public accounting and internal auditing environment
- Prior experience performing general and application control reviews
- CPA, CISA, CISSP and/or CFE certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure to industry software such as PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Lawson, Oracle Financials, Great Plains, Solomon IV and MAS/90-500, UNIX, OS400 or ERP application software packages highly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effective managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
- Intermediate knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to travel up to 30%
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability