Senior Associate, Income Franchise
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during and after preparation
- Assist KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of state tax-related income and balance sheet items
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax questions
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- Two years of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Ability to foster client relationships
- Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .