Associate, Interactive Developer, L1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE Associate, Interactive developer
JOB TITLE: Associate L1, Interactive Developer
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular, Full-time
START DATE: Immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Eligible for Public Trust
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who can quickly turn visual design and wireframes into functional pages and contribute to idea generation and development. Turn-around time is usually short and fast paced. You will work very closely with others in the user experience team, especially designers and information architects, coming up with new ideas and ways to implement their designs.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within a highly fast-paced environment. The applicant should have strong experience working in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong client interaction skills.
* Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
* Lead participatory design/user testing sessions (with oversight and direction)
* Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings, provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings
* Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
* Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings (with guidance and oversight)
* Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs
* Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models)
* Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site as well as the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution
* Develop screen details (i.e., wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight)
* Communicate effectively with creative user experience team and technical development team
* Ensure we meet all 508 accessibility requirements
* Assist lead designer with various design activities, such as web page designs, creation of banner images, buttons, etc.
* Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications
* Integrate presentation layer code with CMS and portal technologies
* Implement front-end structure and standards as defined by Creative Lead
* Work closely with back-end developers to ensure UI integrity throughout the development life-cycle
* Ensure cross-browser compatibility and resolve bugs where required
* Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for Sapient.
* Based on functional specifications, optimize development for User Experience.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
* 1 years of industry experience.
* Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is highly desirable
* Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
* Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
* Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred
* Has done cross-browser development and testing
* Experience with Wireframes and Proof-of-concept mockups
* Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly
* Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts
* Knowledge of Section 508 standards and compliance
* Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
* Graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator. etc.
* Graphics development, creating visual design comps skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus
* Experience working with portal technologies and/or backend frameworks (Java, .NET) a plus
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.