Senior Associate Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST / java developer
JOB TITLE: Senior Associate L2, Technology REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-time
START DATE: Immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Eligible for Public Trust
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Associate, Technology is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing core parts of the system architecture using technology best practices. This will include software coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in specific parts of the system. The candidate will also be expected to provide technical leadership and architectural support across the program.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within a highly fast-paced environment. The applicant should have strong experience working in team environments and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong client interaction skills.
* Ability to lead a small team of 3-5 individual technologists.
* Demonstrates ability to work closely with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to design, implement, test, and validate a system.
* Meets with business and system owners to understand and document desired system requirements.
* Works with business users to gather requirements, and write functional and technical specifications.
* Designs and develops new software code and/or support operations, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
* Develops conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented Architecture (OOA) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) techniques.
* Conducts multiple levels of testing including unit, system, automated, security, and performance.
* Effectively models organizational business processes and integrates them with existing Enterprise systems and capabilities.
* Utilizes application life-cycle management tools to efficiently and effectively achieve release objectives.
* Estimates and plans iterative/agile releases
* Mentors junior team members
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in system integration and development
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Java and Java-based technologies
* Works with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Demonstrates ability to perform technical design and development activities using Java (JDK 1.7 or above) technologies
* Demonstrates the ability to use build tools such as Maven, Grunt, Webpack or similar
* Possesses a solid understanding of all parts of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirements, Design, Implementation, and Testing
* Familiarity with SQL and/or applied experience with database technologies is preferred
* Experience in the development of mobile applications or using mobile development platforms is a plus
* Experience with Application Life-Cycle Management tools such as Atlassian or GitHub
* Proven leadership skills to independently manage a track of work with 3-5 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, a division of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we have served as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.