Senior Associate, M&A Bilingual (Japanese)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Mergers & Acquisitions practice in our Chicago office.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Assist clients with current issues which may include bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, tax basis, Earning and Profits, and Section 382 studies
- Liaise with a target company's finance/accounting departments and tax advisors to gather pertinent facts for an analysis of the tax risks
- Liaise with members of KPMG's National Japanese Practice to assist with go-to-market efforts and client delivery services as described above
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Two years of federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition experience in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
- Japanese and English bilingual skills preferred
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
- Excellent research and writing skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .