This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Senior Associate
POSITION OBJECTIVES & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Associate works within the Reclaim Services department to complete the cycle of reclaiming excess withholding tax. The Senior Associate also serves as a dedicated resource for the team and is responsible for training and mentoring new associates.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS - REPORTING STRUCTURE
The individual in this position works with other Associates and Senior Associates under the supervision of their team's Manager. This team reports to the Vice President of Reclaim Services. You will be responsible for projects supervised by the Director of Reclaim Services or the COO.
TASKS AND DUTIES
* Analyze cross-border investment income data for both accuracy and reclaim opportunities on excess withholding tax, inputting data in a correct and timely matter to then prepare all necessary supplemental application documents to ensure clients receive their refunds
* Communicate with a variety of clients and financial intermediaries on a daily basis via telephone and email correspondence regarding changes in client accounts, status of refunds and to deliver quarterly reports
* Maintain relationships with the financial intermediaries to ensure that all necessary supplemental documentation is received in a consistent and timely manner in order to lodge claims
* Work with the Client Services team to ensure that all beneficial owner documents are on file
* Responsible for training new hires on the department's processes, procedures and best practices, providing ongoing feedback and mentorship
* Implement developmental changes and processes as directed by the VP, ensuring these changes are made throughout the entire team
* Coordinate with other departments on interdisciplinary projects
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE)
* Approximately 2years' experience within financial operations - tax or income operations preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (VLookups, Pivot tables)
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines
* Highly motivated with excellent analytical skills
* Desire to innovate and improve upon processes
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Ability to maintain professionalism with colleagues and clients
* Commitment to providing the highest level of service for client satisfaction