This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our New York City office.
- Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national companies with global indirect tax technology issues, including transaction analysis, supply chain, business expansion, and mergers and acquisition
- Interact and support indirect tax discussions with cross functional teams such as Tax, IT, Purchasing, Sales, and Master Data
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax (SUT) and/or Value Added Tax (VAT) Technology training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- Assist with identification and documentation efforts as it relates to client business requirements for implementing VAT/sales and use tax compliance processes and system improvement
- Assist Managers, Senior Managers and Partners in engagement administration and client billing
- Lead testing, troubleshooting and error resolution efforts of the ERP and tax system
- Two years of experience with SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, or Great Plains specifically the AP/PO, A/R or G/L modules
- Two years experience in implementing or supporting major indirect tax technology solutions such as Sabrix, Vertex, ADP Taxware and similar for North American and/or global organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or a related course of study from an accredited college/university
- Understanding of key indirect tax processes and data drivers while possessing some industry background including retail, financial services, manufacturing and telecommunications
- Good project management/coordination skills, with an ability to generate and plan work efforts and manage project schedules along with strong verbal and written communication skills, and a comfort interacting with C-level professionals
- Ability to work on multiple client activities and meet with tight deadlines; ability to travel up to fifty percent of the time
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .