Senior Associate, Risk Advisory Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
BDO USA, LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate is responsible for providing risk consulting and issues resolution to clients in the areas of SOX, internal audit business process improvement, information technology, and fraud investigations. In this role, the Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate will participate in all stages of an internal audit or consulting engagement and provide assistance with planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding client economic and legal risks.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience within a public accounting firm or industry environment performing internal audit, consulting or risk services required
- One (1) or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience with internal controls including flowcharts, documentation and testing of controls required
- Experience with Internal Audit and Sarbanes Oxley with a focus in entities wide risk assessment required
- CPA or CIA certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls, professional standards and regulations and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments successfully
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Capable of effective managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Ability to travel 25 to 50% of the time
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability