Senior Associate, State & Local Tax - Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our Salt Lake City office.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during and after preparation
- Assist KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of state tax-related income and balance sheet items
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax questions
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- Two years of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Ability to foster client relationships
- Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .