Senior Associate, Strategic Profitability Insights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate for our Deal Advisory practice in the Chicago office.
- Define requirements and procure data from various internal and external sources, moving the data from the operational and external environments to KPMG's internal business intelligence environment, database, data warehouse and data mart environments, utilizing the best of breed technologies ie; DataStage (formerly Ascential) - IBM's WebSphere Data Integration Suite, Informatica, BigInsights
- Provide quality data by adhering to strict data conventions and collection processes and conduct quality checks to help ensure compliance to standards
- Trouble-shoot data errors with internal team and external vendors
- Serve as subject matter expert for specific data providers
- Collaborate with team members for specific project needs
- Contribute to new business by providing insight on data provider capabilities
- Minimum of three years of experience moving/migrating/managing data from operational and external environments to the business intelligence environment based on business rules and requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required; degree in Statistics, Economics, Marketing, or Information Systems or related field preferred
- Demonstrated expertise working with data warehouses, data marts, operational data stores, data feeds and associated query mining/reporting for business analytics
- Proven track record utilizing data modeling/data workflow diagrams (conceptual, logical and physical), PL/SQL, SQL and Object Oriented systems, com CRM, system administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills including, pivot tables, and macros including database systems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people including C-level executives, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .