Senior Associate, Tax Accounting Methods & Credit Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Assistance on federal tax consulting services, including section 199 domestic production activities deduction, accounting method assessments, design and implementation of projects related to revenue and expense recognition, capitalized items, fixed assets and inventories
- Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
- Assist in managing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of KPMG and client resources
- Perform engagement management activities including billing analysis, invoicing and engagement setup
- Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS Ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of two years of Tax experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access Experience performing internet research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .