Senior Associate, Technology- Java SOA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Sapient Global Markets
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Associate, Technology- Java SOA
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for todays dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As Senior Associate, Technology at Sapient Global Markets, you will help to realize high-end technology solutions for our clients in the financial and commodities trading industry. You will lead a multidisciplinary, international project team and manage the development, design, user interface, technology integration, and site architecture management. Moreover, in this hands-on managing consultant role you will engage in business development, as well as in building and maintaining client relationships.
* As a Senior Associate, contribute to a team of individuals responsible for the development and deployment of a specific component in a larger project for delivery.
* Act as an individual contributor to the project with the appropriate level of quality.
* As Developer, develop software application and information technology solutions for delivery to a client as a participant on a project team.
* As Technical Analyst, review and reconcile client requirements with technical specifications for implementation and integration with the larger project.
* As Technical Designer, create and execute a technical plan for program architecture to meet the needs and requirements articulated by the client team
* Responsible for design/development/testing of UI/web and Business layer of the project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
* Responsible for coding, automated unit testing, code quality, packaging and deployment of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
* Provide detailed development estimates for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and deliverable tracking.
* Work closely with test team and release management to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
* Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
* Data set up and environment shake down.
* Knowledge transfer within group.
Must Have Skills:
* Core Java experience, architectural analysis and development of retail system, leveraging advanced Java 7 or above using features including Multi-Threading and JEE, scripting language experience on Linux or Windows
* Experience with OOPS, Struts, Design Patterns and Data Structures, experience in using TDD for development and write units tests leveraging frameworks including JUnit, Mockito, and JMock for extensive unit-testing
* Well versed with Event-driven and Service-oriented architecture principles and characteristics with hands-on experience in designing and building light weight services
* 2 years of experience with the following technologies: Spring, STRUTS, REST, SOAP, XML, JUnit, SOA (Service-Oriented Architectures), Web Application Servers and RDBMS.
* Experience developing applications using Spring, Spring Integration, Spring WS, ORM framework, and build and release frameworks including Ant and Maven
* Experience on using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube etc. for delivery high quality code
* Experience in one or more Relational Databases including Oracle, IBM DB2, or SQLServer writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures and analyzing and fixing performance issues
* Experience working with one or more Web and/or Application Server including Tomcat, Websphere, or Jboss, experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, and monitoring system performance, and end-to-end experience in agile software development lifecycle.
* 4 years of software design and development
* Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable
* Strong product/software development and client interaction skills are required, excellent communication skills.
* Highly motivated team player and always eager to learn new technologies
* Strong academic background - Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Technology or related field is a must.
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to todays evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
Sapient is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Companys business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.