Senior Attorney - Labor Law
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a major airlines who is seeking a SENIOR ATTORNEY - LABOR LAW to join the in-house legal team based in Dallas, Texas.
As a SENIOR ATTORNEY-LABOR LAW, you will work directly with Labor Relations, Human Resources, and management and will be responsible for providing counsel and legal advice on labor law matters that arise from the day-to-day operations of the airlines. You will be responsible handling, managing and supporting matters such as grievances, arbitration hearings, lawsuits, and labor negotiations.
1. Serve as lead counsel for labor arbitrations
2. Function as a labor law subject matter expert
3. Stay current with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
4. Provide practical, compliant, and strategic legal advice and counsel to Labor Relations, Human Resources, and management on a full range of Railway Labor Act issues, including on administration of multiple collective bargaining agreements
5. Work closely with Labor Relations, Human Resources and management on issues such as contract interpretation, grievance responses, performance management, and employee relations
6. Support Labor Relations team during labor agreement negotiations
7. Strategically and in a cost-effective manner, manage and partner with outside counsel in litigation matters
1. Juris Doctor (J.D.), active member in good standing in at least one State bar
2. At least five (5) years of successful experience in labor and/or employment law; a combination of experience at a national law firm and in-house is preferred
3. Arbitration experience, first chair experience preferred
4. Extensive labor and/or employment litigation experience, first chair experience preferred
5. Experience in working with unionized workforce and directly with union leadership
6. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to render persuasive, diplomatic, practical, creative, and at all times legally compliant advice in a timely fashion
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially of complex issues, and attention to detail and accuracy
8. If not currently residing in Dallas, willingness to relocate