Senior Audit Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Myers, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Auditor Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
Applies knowledge and understand of the collective effect of various factors on establishing or enhancing effectiveness, or mitigating the risks, of specific policies and procedures by:
* Identifying and considering all applicable policies, laws, rules, and regulations of the firm, regulators, or other authoritative bodies as part of engagement team.
* Meeting time constraints and client deadlines.
* Making constructive suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
* Documenting and validating the operating effectiveness of the clients' internal control system.
Applies knowledge of and understanding of professional standards; application of the principles contained in professional standards; and the ability to document and communicate an understanding and application of professional standards on an engagement by:
* Developing and applying an immediate knowledge of auditing theory, a sense of audit skepticism,and the use of MBCOPA audit manuals
* Applying auditing theory to various client situations
* Documenting in line with MBCOPA policy, identifying deviations and notifying more senior team members in order to obtain appropriate approvals
* Applying knowledge to identify instances where testing may be reduced or expanded and notifying supervisor of the occurrence
* Contributing ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
Applies knowledge and application of MBCOPA standards to guide effective and efficient delivery of quality services and products by:
* Completing appropriate documentation of MBCOPA work papers
* Ensuring assigned work is performed in accordance with MBCOPA methodology and requirements
Applies methodology used to seek or maintain information from authoritative sources and to draw conclusions regarding a target issue based on the information by:
* Researching basic and intermediate accounting topics and forming an initial opinion on the treatment independently
* Other duties as required
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
* Masters in Accountancy or equivalent preferred
* Minimum of three (3) years prior experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and knowledge.
* Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic private company.
* Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, etc.)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
* Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
* Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
* Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
* Solid project management skills
* CPA or actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficia
Please submit resume with qualifications above. All inquiries held completely confidential.