This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR AUDITOR
* Internal audit supports the company's enterprise risk management and internal control activities by conducting audits, performing special projects, advising policy and internal control design and processes, and other consultative and investigative activities.
* The senior auditor is responsible for completing assigned audit responsibilities which include planning, fieldwork, and report writing, with limited supervision. Senior auditor will participate in both risk-based audits and annual compliance audits. Risk-based audits are generally performed over financial and operational areas and processes; while compliance activities include Sarbanes-Oxley testing, external audit assistance, and other recurring compliance projects. The position normally operates in an independent manner and may be a team leader responsible for completing projects assisted by other auditors. This position offers exposure to various functional areas within the company and an opportunity to work on special projects with high visibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research information relevant to assigned audits and assist in the development of audit scope, objectives, and audit procedures based on risk.
* Interact with various levels within functional areas and external auditors to obtain an understanding, evaluate key business processes, risks, and controls, and communicate audit conclusions and recommendations.
* Perform various integrated auditing procedures including trend analysis, compliance testing, internal control (manual and application), and substantive tests.
* Define, extract, and create queries, and analyze data based on fundamental understanding of processes, controls and risk.
* Develop audit findings and relevant conclusions concerning procedures performed, which may include control evaluations, identification of cost savings/improvement opportunities, etc.
* Ensure documentation adequately evidences work performed and conclusions derived, including the evaluation of mitigating controls.
* Maintain and track project hours, key milestones, and project status, proactively resolving obstacles in completing assignments.
* Special projects or other assignments as requested (i.e prior audit follow-up, investigations, etc.).
* Travel up to 15-20% to operating locations in the United States.
* Informs management immediately when there is evidence of gross mismanagement, loss, or any gross violation of company policies.
* Constantly upgrades technical knowledge in order to cope with changes.
* Assists the department in exceeding the International Standards for the Practice of Internal Auditing.
* Follows and subscribes to the Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc. Code of Ethics.
* Perform administrative and special assignments as directed.
* Assists in the training and development of other auditors based on areas of exposure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BS/BA in accounting, business, or related field.
* Minimum 3-5years auditing experience (financial, operational, IT), public accounting experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of auditing methodologies (COSO) and auditing standards.
* CPA, CIA or CFE certification (preferred).
* Proficient in business-related computer software (Microsoft Windows, Word, etc.).
* Proven analytical and data extraction skills in Excel (required) and ACL/IDEA, EssBase (a plus).
* Professional skepticism.
* Experience in consumer goods industry, retail processes and controls preferred.
* Ability to operate CRT/PC.