Senior Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 11097 Senior Automation Engineer (Open)
This role will drive the development and execution of manual and automated tests for a wide range of APIs utilizing multiple technologies and platforms. In this role you will translate complex test scenarios into effective, intuitive, and repeatable automated tests. Collaborate with developers, testers, users and cross functional teams to continuously enhance the testing of our applications and provide technical leadership to solve problems
* Takes a leadership role in increasing the percentage of automated versus manual test cases
* Provides training and mentoring to junior test automation engineers. This includes conducting code reviews, training junior test automation engineers on new coding and testing methodologies, guidelines, and best practices. This role may be asked to assign and assist in validating work.
* Familiarity with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), automated unit testing (AUT), and behavior-driven development (BDD)
* Drives the research, evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools and utilities
* Recognizes areas in need of improvement and solves complex problems related to interconnected software components.
* Works as part of a scrum team in an agile environment
* Willingness to step-in and manually test as necessary
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience developing in: C#, .NET, MS SQL Server
* 5 + years testing JSON APIs and web services in a backend environment
* Must have working knowledge of continuous integration, automated tools, industry standards, and best practices in automation
* Knowledge of Specflow is a plus
* Big plus if you've held a developer role in the past