Senior Automotive Quality Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 6/14/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnited States-California-San Jose
Job: Quality Assurance
Primary Location: Full-time
Description: Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
* High Performance Computing
* Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
ORGANIZATION NAME: Corporate Quality System Engineering
Reporting to Advanced Product Quality Director for Automotive & Aerospace / Defense, the SENIOR AUTOMOTIVE QUALITY MANAGER will focus on new quality requirements and deliverables for Autonomous Vehicle applications enabling successful industry adoption of Xilinx product technology & solutions. The responsibility will be to engage with automotive OEM & Tier 1 to drive the highest quality and safety requirements and gaining closure on deliverables. The role requires close collaboration with headquarters personnel in global operation, quality, sales, and automotive marketing and identify the quality requirements to develop compelling value propositions for our customers with continued long-term growth of the Xilinx automotive business.
* Develop and provide insight on automotive autonomous vehicle market and new quality requirement needs, challenges, and segmentation, as well as related strategic input into the automotive business development plan
* Work closely with Xilinx engineering, operations, quality to define and specify future Xilinx automotive product quality requirements and industry standards, specifically for functional safety, security in advanced technology silicon nodes and packaging quality
* Develop and maintain key technical and quality relationships with strategic OEM and Tier 1 customers to complement existing or developing sales and marketing relationships
* Leverage these relationships to identify customer challenges, needs and be able to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx
* Participate in technical discussions and in the creation of new ideas for highest quality requirements for automotive autonomous vehicle applications
* Define criteria and processes to apply and track detailed set of metrics for implementing quality and safety process requirements
* Identify and characterize, through technical benchmark analysis, specific Xilinx All Programmable value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products & solutions from other (e.g. ASSP, FPGA, ASIC) products in the target of automotive autonomous vehicle applications.
* Monitor and manage progress at partners where automotive solutions funding is invested to subsidize development toward automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers needs and quality goals
* Relevant Technical Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree Preferred
* 10 year minimum experience working directly with Automotive OEM or Tier 1 programs and managing large projects
* Knowledge of Automotive electronics and application market trends
* Direct experience with active functional safety (ISO26262), Autonomous Vehicle applications and overall automotive system architectures required
* Familiar with industry quality standards and reliability requirements
* Ability to multi-task, detailed oriented while meeting tight deadlines under pressure
* Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organizations.
* Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated individual
* Job location in Xilinx Head Office in San Jose, CA, USA
* Travel required (~10% Local (NA), ~15% International)
Schedule: Sep 7, 2016, 8:22:25 PM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment