Senior Backend Engineer 8/27/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Senior or Lead Software Engineer - Lightning Platform
Locations: San Francisco, CA or Louisville, CO or Seattle, WA
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Platform Actions is looking for a Senior or Lead Software Engineer to join our full-stack engineering team, primarily Java backend focused. We are a core engineering team within Lightning Platform, managing the underlying operations and APIs of button components used throughout Salesforce interfaces, across devices. The team is highly collaborative and visible, and you will work with many other teams and individuals across the organization.
* Lead specific initiatives on your team's roadmap, from design through implementation.
* Actively participate in product and feature designs with your scrum team, working closely with product owners to define functional and technical requirements.
* Write clean, testable, readable and maintainable code that scales and performs.
* Collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization.
* Advise on best practices. Mentor and be mentored.
* Take ownership of your code and features, from design through deployment and support.
* Perform code and design reviews.Verify code quality by writing efficient, automated functional and unit tests.
* Directly contribute to delivering a world-class product that is high-performing and usable for Salesforce developers and millions of end users
* 5+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record of shipping technically demanding projects
* Strong Object Oriented programming skills, including Java
* Familiarity with test automation, tools, and methodologies
* Comfort working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience with Aura and Force.com Platform
* Database and SQL development skills
* API design experience
* Experience working on highly-available, software-as-a-service platforms
* Familiarity with mobile technologies (native and hybrid), platforms, and tools
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.