Senior Benefits Analyst Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Christiana Care Health System
New Castle, DE
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Benefits Department in Human Resources is currently recruiting for a Senior Benefits Analyst to join their team!
Under the general direction of the Manager of Benefits, the Senior Benefits Analyst will provide benefits consulting, analysis and program administration services. While this role will interact in all aspects of benefit design and administration, the primary responsibility will be working directly with the HRIS team aiding in Workday configuration, testing, validation and trouble shooting. He/she will be responsible for the writing and pulling of reports from Workday. The capacity to manipulate and bump data (Pivot/VLOOKUP) from various reports for full analysis is important.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides data analysis and reporting regarding system file audits, claims review and benefit usage. Acts as a system partner with HRIS and tests information systems to ensure proper setup of benefit plan information. Works with technical programmers and system analysts to maintain and upgrade information systems based on company needs. Serves as a key vendor liaison in regards to data analysis, interfaces, error report review, and communication relating to benefit offerings
* Serves as a consultant/subject matter expert in relation to benefit issues in order to align benefit decisions with the organization s benefit and total rewards philosophy and the business strategy. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client business issues and priorities; effectively analyzes and diagnoses problems; provides clear advice and recommendations to help clients make sound business decisions. Updates plan-specific documentation and reference materials.
* Leads, manages and coordinates projects and initiatives which include one or more of the following tasks: assists in creating communication materials, analyzes benefit offerings to assist managers and employees with questions, offers prompt solutions and looks for areas of improvement in processes and procedures and offers recommendations.
* Participates in third-party benefit surveys; compiles, analyzes and evaluates survey data results and compares results to our benefit offerings.
* Performs benefit administration activities such as management of the tuition reimbursement process, benefit enrollment reviews, documentation of processes and procedures, analysis of error reports, researching escalated issues, handling supervisor level calls and inquiries relating to benefit offerings. Responsible for timely completion of all governmental required filings. Evaluates benefit programs for compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
* Participates in the design and implementation of new benefit programs and systems. Provides project management leadership with respect to Benefit related projects, such as new benefit plan implementation, open enrollment and vendor changes. Participates in special projects as assigned by the Corporate Director, Benefits & Wellness and the Manager, Benefits & Wellness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Five years experience as a benefit analyst; experience in another human resources discipline preferred; progress toward Master s degree; progress towards a benefit certification
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Demonstrated knowledge of benefit theories and concepts including design, development and administration of benefit programs including Health & Welfare, Defined Benefit, and Defined Compensation plans; benefit surveys; Federal, State and local law and regulation compliance regarding benefits
* Strong analysis/problem-solving abilities
* Skill in oral and written communication.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Information Technology
JOB REQUISITION #: 39105BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: HR, Consulting, Information Systems, Compensation, Project Manager, Human Resources, Technology Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.